Tuesday, March 22, 2005



All Right Already

OK, definite downside to the new haircut? Now I get old guys checking me out. The ones with gray hair and potbellies and grandchildren in tow. Say it with me: Yeucch! (And I sincerely hope I have not just described any of you.) But anyway, the pictures are finally up over on my picture blog. I also added yet another blog to the collection, for two reasons. One, I made a commitment to blog about Terri, and two, to resolve the dichotomy that results from switching attitudes all the time. Now you can pick from Serious, Passionate Nettie, or Facetious, Passionate Nettie. Enjoy.

I sang the Viking birthday song to Ashley today (if I ever post voice clips, I will do that, it just can't be reproduced in print). She wasn't really impressed by it; she asked, "Where did you get that?" "From the dark recesses of my mind." A truly scary place. A place that inspires such queries as: If you pour water on the vacuum bags that are advertised as being waterproof and they aren't, will they really give you your money back? When you have to buy 5 yogurts to get the discount and you have two each of vanilla with Reese's and vanilla with M&M's, which do you pick for the fifth? If you buy all the banana cream pudding left and it's only three, does that make you a pig? And am I ever going to eat all the broccoli I ended up with since I forgot I bought some at Publix and bought more at Wal-Mart? Who has the answers to these things?

14 Comments:

At 3/23/2005 12:45:00 AM, Blogger Bryan said...

For your fifth yogurt, perhaps you should make a special broccoli mix with all your leftover broccoli. You can easily kill two birds with one stone; it just takes some fuzzy logic.

 
At 3/23/2005 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Lovin' the "new" you...Nettie you are so adorable and your sister hardly looks 8 mos. pregnant. How fun to be an Aunt. The background is so pretty...where is that at?

 
At 3/23/2005 12:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way cute haircut.

I just don't know about the vac bags.

 
At 3/23/2005 02:21:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Well, I'm not all THAT pot-bellied, and I have no children--much less GRANDchildren--that I know of. But some gray is sneaking up on the mountain top and in the goatee.

Hmmm, I'll have the Facetious, Passionate Nettie, with a side order of Serious, Passionate Nettie.

Viking B-Day song? Does it involve burning the village?

 
At 3/23/2005 03:02:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

The new do is more stylin'. I like it. My hair is as long as yours was. It's layer alot though. I decided not to cut it and to just spend more time doing it instead. This will work for a while and then I'll join the ranks.

 
At 3/23/2005 03:44:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Cute haircut! Mine is as long as yours was, but I'm too chicken to cut it. I've never had it shorter than shoulder length. I'm terrified!

So for now I'll keep it the way it is. It's happy that way.

Three cheers for you for hair cutting bravery! You are an inspiration to us all!

 
At 3/23/2005 04:55:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

thanks a zillion for praying! ~Becca

 
At 3/23/2005 04:58:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Stacy- that's at my sister's house actually. It's going to be a great place for a kid to grow up!

 
At 3/23/2005 05:15:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Oops. sorry for the mispelling, Stacey! And as for being brave to cut it all off- it wasn't nearly as hard as the first time. I'd been wanting to do something fun with it since around October actually, but I decided I might as well wait until it was long enough to donate.

 
At 3/23/2005 05:30:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

yep youre pretty cool!!

 
At 3/23/2005 09:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, us old fat guys with kids kind of like being old fat guys with kids mosta the time =)

A Theresacentric blog, while perhaps short-lived, is certainly a way to make our nation smaller and closer, and is a heartening effort.

Mine has been practically 24/7 Terri Schindler, so I can see how you'd want to put it all somewhere.

btw, long hair and short suit you well. You've been blessed.

 
At 3/23/2005 11:24:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

Hmmm, I'll have the Facetious, Passionate Nettie, with a side order of Serious, Passionate Nettie.

:D Me too.
Sincerely,
mrsd
PS. I have all the answers, but I did enjoy drummerforsale's fuzzy logic...

 
At 3/23/2005 11:44:00 PM, Blogger Anti-Blogger said...

Gray hair [check], potbelly [check]...anyone know where I can find some grandkids?

 
At 3/24/2005 08:06:00 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

I am not a grandfather and don't have a pot belly. I do have some gray hair though. Anyway, I'm going to do the typical guy thing and say HOW COULD YOU CUT SUCH BEAUTIFUL HAIR?!?!.

Oh well. Nice blog!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home