Sunday, April 03, 2005



It Was So Windy...

...the rednecks didn't have to tip the cows. They just watched them fall over.
...my hair looked really punk cause I couldn't blow-dry it.
...but then I could have just stood outside for a while instead.
...even the cops didn't want to stand outside, so there was no one to prevent wrecks at the temporarily stoplight-less intersections.
...listen to "God's Will," by Martina McBride. It's really good.
...laundry in limbo- the electricity went out right in the middle of a load.
...even worse, before that the cable had gone out.
...I had to learn about the French and try to talk like them. OK, so that's not the wind's fault.
...I thought I was going to get sucked off to Oz.
...I was forced to listen to commercials as the Christian radio station was also out.
...the trees whipping around were so loud I couldn't hear the voices.
...but then I also couldn't hear my 2-liter bottle of Coke fizzing as it spilled on the carpet.
...poor Harvey was getting buffeted around. He didn't like that.
...I didn't like it much either.

9 Comments:

At 4/03/2005 08:59:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

AACCKK...sounds like a bad weather day. Pretty windy here yesterday--gusts to over 40 mph. My decrepit little truck (1988 Ford Ranger, 171,000 miles) was taxed trying to stay on the interstate.

And no, as a guy, I haven't named any of my cars. That seems to be mostly a female thing.

Question: why Harvey?

 
At 4/03/2005 09:21:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Yeah, I was talking about yesterday too. As for Harvey- he named himself. I'd been driving him for about a month when it just came to me. I don't know from where. I think he sent it to me.

 
At 4/03/2005 11:06:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

Ah, yes, the wind blown look. But it beats the tornado blown look. :|

:D
mrsd

 
At 4/04/2005 09:23:00 AM, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Ah the wind. I can handle rain and snow, but wind drives me crazy. I wouldn't do well in Chicago. When I lived in Cape Town, I'd swear like a sailor whenever my umbrella was sucked upside down. Hmmf.

 
At 4/04/2005 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I am too sensitive to go out cow tipping, have you ever tried it? I know I would cry myself to sleep worrying about the poor chubby old fella.

 
At 4/04/2005 10:37:00 AM, Blogger Becca said...

It was windy in Michigan too, I went rollerblading outside, fell, skinned my knee up! Its been a while since I've done that. Wind is fun, apparently not when it's as hard as it was at your place. I like rain better, personally.

 
At 4/04/2005 09:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tucson's wind is blowing like a 10$... nevermind.

 
At 4/05/2005 12:15:00 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

ha ha ha funny.
I know what your talking about. it was windy.
bye,
adventure girl

 
At 4/06/2005 02:44:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

"Windy in Wales": sounds like a song, or maybe a movie.

Of course, "Wendy in Whales" would be another story entirely...

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home