Tuesday, March 29, 2005



I Hate Spring

Ah, Law & Order: SVU. An addiction unlike any other. It's a new one tonight, so I get a double dose. And the captions were done by Peter, at Caption Max. Funny, I am satisfying two addictions at once, blogging and SVU. Isn't that fun?

All right, on to the post. I realize I am expressing the opposite sentiment of my more northerly friends, but here's why. Here, winters are really mild. Spring is not. Today it was over 70 degrees- and that's just the beginning. Basically there are two seasons- summer and fall. I say fall because it doesn't get that cold, and summer because this is just the beginning of the heat. From March to October it's hot. And with gas hitting 2 bucks a gallon, half of that spent on air conditioning. Why don't I just open the windows? That brings me to my next point.

Spring sucks for anybody who has bad allergies, like I do. My eyes run, my nose runs, my whole head runs. Everything is pollinating, the rain is promoting mold. It's miserable. I've had to add two new medicines just to deal with it. At this rate, I will be a walking antihistamine. Actually a walking steroid-decongestant-cromolyn-bronchodilator-antihistamine combo.

Let's see, how else can I bash poor, helpless Spring? Spring means exams. It means I have to start shaving my legs again. It means I'm going to be dying when I go to work cause I have to wear black. It means there are no hopes for a snow day. And do any of y'all hunt? Cause I've got a bird that needs to be taken down in the worst way....

8 Comments:

At 3/29/2005 11:58:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

"Everything is pollinating":

Last time I checked, I wasn't...

 
At 3/30/2005 08:20:00 AM, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Oh how I wish it were Spring on my side of this lowly bubble. We're hitting autumn fast - and there's nothing more depressing than cold nights and dark afternoons. Although the leaves are pretty...sigh...

 
At 3/30/2005 12:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My neighbor just killed a woodpecker that has been haunting me since 2000.

He took it out with a scoped pellet gun. Head shot.

I want to nominate my neighbor for mayor! I hated that bird. Pecking sounded like gunfire.

 
At 3/30/2005 01:50:00 PM, Blogger Anti-Blogger said...

In the spring/summertime my God is Claritin. Even if it is expensive. So I usually just buy the cheap generic brand which works just as well. So, I guess my God is some cheap generic allergy medicine.

I am glad I could work that out. Thanks.

 
At 3/30/2005 02:41:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

You are right, I can't relate up here in 'Winterpeg' we are just starting to see the melting snow, and I am so tired of the cold, I would love to put on some shorts and enjoy the sun.

 
At 3/30/2005 09:35:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

Ah, I'm sorry, Nettie. :(

 
At 3/30/2005 10:03:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Aww, thanks for the concern!

 
At 3/31/2005 12:00:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

It got to 70 degrees here in Louisville, Kentucky today. I'm always joking that if it hits 60 degrees, I'll go running naked down the street. My co-workers for some reason keep praying it stops at 59...

It was a fabulous day outside: the first day that the breeze didn't make me feel colder; it actually was a warming breeze.

Now, Nettie--about that bird...

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home