Monday, April 04, 2005



Of Hair and TV

I was going to be serious for once and do some social commentary. But I changed my mind. Maybe later. But for now, more random thoughts.

When I decide I like a TV show, I get into it full force. I discovered Law & Order: SVU over spring break and now I'm hooked. On USA, they just started rerunning the first season. I love how they use the same pictures all the way through the series for the male characters. But naturally they have to change Mariska Hargitay's throughout cause her hair changes. At the beginning she had it pretty long, enough for a ponytail, and then somewhere she transferred to a pixie cut. The look I like best is the one she's had for the sixth season, the same length as mine (that's what I was going for). In the opener she has the ends flipped up; I'm still trying to get mine to look like that. In the new episode last week, it had gotten a bit longer, though. And now that I have completely bored most of you talking about Mariska Hargitay's hair...

They also have the occasional good guest star. Tonight it was Patricia Campbell, lately of Strong Medicine; perhaps better known for Home Improvement. I generally prefer the real-life forensics or medical shows on Court TV or TLC to the fictionalized verisons on network TV. I can't stand to watch ER becasue I end up yelling at the TV all the stuff they mess up. But SVU usually gets it right, plus it has a story line to go with the crime stuff that I love. Good times, good times (and I better not have messed up the html here cause I spent way too much time on it...)

5 Comments:

At 4/05/2005 01:14:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

OK, senorita, so I lied about going to bed...I hate this stupid time change.

You got the links right. You're becoming a web-wiz.

Don't go all Hollywood on us, OK? All those movie starlets have over you is highly trained makeup artists, professional photographers and lighting experts and a ton of plastic surgery.

And I can't tell the difference...

{I get brownie points for that, right?}

Now, I really going to bed this time...

 
At 4/05/2005 03:18:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

That is so the reason I cannot turn on that dang TV...then I get reeled right in with the rest of America...and before you know it I'm wondering if I'm still saved :)

 
At 4/05/2005 04:11:00 PM, Blogger shauna marie said...

hey sweetheart!! thanks for the tales of SVU: I've gotten hooked on the show "24"--it's totally amazing!! (my friends and I are currently watching the 2nd season on dvd, so sometimes I get those episodes mixed up with today's (the 4th) season. Anyways...have a good one!! and, oh, I don't really care for anyone's hair on the show:0) None really impress me:0)

 
At 8/10/2006 12:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Lip Stick Blog, it is cool to!

 
At 8/10/2006 12:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Hair Care Blog, it is cool to!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home