Wednesday, April 13, 2005



Satisfying J. and S.

When Stacey interviewed Jeff, she asked him what five things he would want to know about me but be afraid to ask. Since Stacey figured out what the C stood for, I thought I would oblige and answer the questions. As for Jeff, well, maybe it will make him happy. Here I go again.

A. What is under Harvey's drivers seat? Ummm...runs out to Harvey and looks...A pink purse. Wal-Mart bags. Receipt from the allergist's. Christmas pictures with my sisters. A little Happy Meal mascot dude that I think is Gaston. Napkins. Loose change. Girl Scout cookies. A half-full Dr. Pepper bottle. A picture of Mariska Hargitay from last month when I got my hair cut. At least 15 pay-at-the-pump slips. Receipts from Taco Bell. And copies of my work schedules from the last month or so. I tend to just shove all the paper under there.

B. Do you have any socks that have the individual toes in them? You know, like a glove? You mean toe socks? I have a Rudolph pair that a friend gave me. They are red and green and have little Rudolph heads on the big toes.

C. If you ever visit Louisville, and we meet for dinner out somewhere, would you be willing to stand up in the restaurant and sing a duet with me? That depends. Will Ken Montero or Condi be there? If not, maybe we could do Lord Have Mercy together. I love that song.

D. Have you ever picked a bug out of your cereal and continued eating, finishing the entire bowl? Nope. I stopped after the first couple of bites.

E. Why did you lie to the police? A restraining order, I mean, come on...I told you I was just wanting a close up picture of Earl and Hootie. Is that so bad? I can't afford to go back to the Big House...Bubba's still there... Huh? What? I'm sorry, I didn't sleep last night. Some bird was singing all night and there was some ruckus with the campus police. I'll have to get back to you on that.

I hope you two enjoyed that. And now, a question. In honor of my birthday (yeah, I'm shamelessly self-promoting), I have decided a little change is in order. I started calling this site Random Thoughts on Life. I'm bored with that. The subtitle of Nell's Harvey is fine, but I want something different for the main. So far I have come up with "Mistress Tootie Belle Rules the World," "I Still Act Like a Teenager," and "Harvey's Alive. So Be Nice to Him." I'm sure y'all's brains have better ideas, not being fried by 3 HOURS of organic chemistry. I'll keep it open for a few days, so let me know what y'all think, k?

10 Comments:

At 4/13/2005 09:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is awesomeness. Better than mine. :)

 
At 4/13/2005 09:42:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Thanks, man!

 
At 4/13/2005 09:52:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Check your email.

As for a name, can I have a few days to consider, or are you in a rush for the change? I'll do my darnedest. You deserve something cute, grand, and personal. A tall order, but I've been known to rise to a challenge...

Great answers. Why would I ever have been afraid of those answers?

BTW, the fall from your window was cushioned by the shrubery...

 
At 4/13/2005 09:57:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

I like the first option, cuz I have no idea what it means! And I like how it sounds, and it vaguely reminds me of something that I myself would say!

BTW, I would eat the cereal... AND the bug.

<3 (yea, Nettie, that's a heart, NOT a smiley!)

:) thats a smiley

ok I'm done

~becca

 
At 4/13/2005 10:02:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

I'm not in too much of a hurry. I want something that'll last.

 
At 4/13/2005 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I'm inspired:

"Sweet Belle of Carolina"???

 
At 4/13/2005 11:58:00 PM, Blogger Marc with a "c" said...

I like "Mistress Tootie Belle Rules the World." It's weird, charming, and slightly intimidating.

 
At 4/14/2005 01:38:00 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Wow...what a busy girl you are in the poor Harvey...

I like something with the CLC in it...that does seem to have "defined" you in some way...maybe "Mistress Tootie Bell Charms the World"

 
At 4/14/2005 01:02:00 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Oooooh! I agree with Stacey, I like the "charmed" one!

 
At 4/15/2005 02:47:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I like "Mistress Tootie Rules the World." It's funny.

I totally know what you mean about three hours of organic chemistry. I'm in a general chemistry class right now, and last week was organic chemistry...now we're into polymers. Don't you just love those Buckyballs??!! LOL!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home