Saturday, April 09, 2005



I Love Peach Fanta, Too

Thanks to Becca for brightening up my dull Saturday with her interview!

1. Did you have any other cars that you've named other than Harvey? My first car, which first belonged to my older sister Janna, was called the Taurinator. It was a green Taurus (duh). Not terribly creative, but the name was attached to the car before I got it and it stuck. The Taurinator leaked on the passenger side when it rained and had a nasty habit of overheating and got into several accidents which will not be detailed here, but it was my first car. I was quite traumatized when it overheated for good two years ago. But that was when I got my Harvey!

2. Do you own any stripedy knee socks that I wish I had? They aren't knee socks, but I do have pink-yellow-blue-green-purple-striped socks. How's that?

3. Pixar or DreamWorks? Ooh, that's tough. DreamWorks boasts of Shrek, Shrek 2, The Terminal, The Ring, Artificial Intelligence: A.I., Chicken Run, Forces of Nature, and The Prince of Egypt, among others of course. Pixar has A Bug's Life, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc., and Finding Nemo. All of which are movies I love (the ones I don't I didn't bother linking), but if we judge by which company is more prolific, DreamWorks is the clear winner. If we judge by quality, though, I think they're pretty equal. I think DreamWorks generally has the better music, i.e. the Shreks and Prince of Egypt. Pixar's animation is better, though- Finding Nemo was just so lush and gorgeous.

4. Kellogg's or Post? I'm going to have to abandon both of these in favor of General Mills. After all, they are the corporation that makes my beloved Chocolate Lucky Charms. What other choice is there?

5. Got any siblings? Yep, I have two older sisters. Janna is 22 and a fifth-year at the same college as me. And Melissa is 29; she lives in Georgia and is going to have my first niece or nephew in a few weeks. I also have a brother-in-law, Zach.

17 Comments:

At 4/09/2005 09:44:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

1. I know a secret...

3. Wow, what a Siskel you are.

4. Heh. Ooo, sorry, didn't mean to sound like Glenn Reynolds there.

5. Anything I say would just make Bubba jealous.

Great interview!!! Nice linkage, too.

 
At 4/09/2005 09:51:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Ok...just one more question inquiring minds have to know...

Would you rather have crumbs in your butter or food on your chin?

I know...should be writing my paper...but instead I'm blogging...what is wrong with me??????

 
At 4/09/2005 09:52:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Nettie...You were commenting on my blog at the exact same time I was commenting on your blog...check it out do do do do...do do do do

 
At 4/09/2005 09:57:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Nothing's wrong with you. Blogging is much more fun. I have to say food on my chin, at least I would know how it got there. Hopefully.

 
At 4/09/2005 10:04:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

HA! i KNEW you'd say Generall Mills. Just a hunch... MAN I'm good!

 
At 4/09/2005 10:18:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Stacey, how about crumbs in the butter on the food on my chin?

 
At 4/09/2005 11:15:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I wonder if you are one of those women who talk to Harvey about your relationship with Taurinator. Do you compare them? I know that you love Harv now, but who is better looking? Come on you can tell us.

 
At 4/09/2005 11:16:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Jeff, I don't know if that's PG. And Darlene, I'd have to say Harvey is better looking considering the, uh, "damage" the Taurinator sustained...

 
At 4/09/2005 11:24:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Jeff, I was thinking more like your chin in the butter with the food on your crumbs...Nettie, is that PG or PG-13????

 
At 4/09/2005 11:27:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Well, I alwasy thought my high school's attempt to restrict us to PG was rather annoying...

 
At 4/10/2005 12:26:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I'm strictly a G-rated man these days.

 
At 4/10/2005 01:20:00 AM, Blogger Marc with a "c" said...

Just wanted to stop by and thank my first commenter! It's good to see like-minded people one the web. I'll see ya around.

 
At 4/10/2005 08:07:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

thank you Nettie

 
At 4/10/2005 10:50:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Well, Harvey is a mammoth of a car, especially compared to the Taurinator. I suppose that's why he's male. Perhaps the only male in my life that I like :)

 
At 4/11/2005 01:06:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

{sniff, sniff}

 
At 4/11/2005 01:30:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

I knew you were going to say that!

 
At 4/11/2005 02:46:00 AM, Blogger John said...

Excellent interview, made me laugh, then again most things you say or do make me laugh! :)
GBYAY

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home