Saturday, April 23, 2005



Commiseration

First, some housekeeping. This site is now officially called "Mistress Tootie Belle," so change your links accordingly if you so desire. I got a digital camera for my birthday, so I've put a bunch of pictures up at No, Seriously....if there's something you are dying to see, let me know. I also found some older pics so I put up an obligatory disgustingly cute baby pic (actually I think I'm about four) and a nice one of Kevin.

I suppose I could say the past 24 hours have been...interesting. I wanted to go back to the park yesterday, but there was some stupid thunderstorm. So I ended up sitting in my room like I always do, playing on the Internet.But anyway, I had to be at work early this morning, so I tried to go to bed early (for me). I should have known better. Have I mentioned that I hate spring? I ended up sitting awake for at least two hours- I can't sleep when I can't breathe. I hate that! I think it must have been after three, but I don't even know.

I woke up and took my meds and hoped the day would be good. When I was almost to the interstate I went, "Hey. Where's my contact?" Somehow- I don't know how- I ended up with just one. I had to drive to work like that; thankfully I didn't get pulled over. But hey, such is my life and I had a spare one at home. Today at BBW a representative from one of our third-party brands was coming to train us. I swear, as soon as I walked in the back door Jen was all like, "Are you ok?" and I said, "I was up. Until 3. Last night. Trying to breathe." (OK, so this stuff makes me a just wee bit cranky....) And immediately everyone was like, "Oh, are you OK???" "Yeah, just my STUPID asthma." And Jen was like, "Do you have a breathing machine? Did you use it?" "Yeah, I did it last night. " Kathleen- "You sure you're ok?" "Yeah, I put myself on steroids [note: corticosteroids, not the anabolic kind people abuse] and I should be OK. I just hate doing that casue I eat EVERYTHING in sight. One time I was on them I ate an entire box of Rice Krispie Treats in three days." Adele: "Oh no, honey, that's normal!"

Anyway, we went up front to listen to the presentation. I sat next to Kiernan, and she's like, "Are you okay? Did you eat breakfast?" "Yeah I had, uhhh, cherry cheesecake." She just looks at me. "It's good! It's got cheese in it! And fruit!" "Right, cheese...." Lauren sat on the other side of me and patted my back every time I started coughing. And Kathleen, who had to keep getting up to get stuff for the rep and I don't think she felt that great either, and I were just shooting looks back and forth, like, "Are you okay?" and "Yeah, this just sucks." I say all this not to elicit sympathy, merely to make the point, once again, that I have the greatest job in the world.

9 Comments:

At 4/23/2005 04:40:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

*hugs Nettie*

Stop being sick. It's making you angry and angry is bad.


*hugs again*

I love you dear!

 
At 4/23/2005 05:01:00 PM, Blogger Marc with a "c" said...

It's days like that I tell myself, "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug." I hope you have a windshield day tommorow. ;)

 
At 4/23/2005 06:36:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Take care of yourself, OK? I don't think I want to inhabit a blogosphere that doesn't have you in it.

 
At 4/23/2005 11:54:00 PM, Blogger John said...

Get well soon, Mistress Tootie Belle, I have changed my sidebar as you commanded! ;)

Thanks for visiting today Nettie, your comments and encouragement are deeply valued.

GBYAY

 
At 4/24/2005 01:20:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

There's gotta be something going around. Everyone I know (including me) is suffering from some sort of ailment.

Are there some plagues prophesied that no one's found out about yet???

 
At 4/24/2005 01:49:00 AM, Blogger mrsd said...

Ah, Nettie. I'm sorry. :(

 
At 5/08/2006 11:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finishing second in the kinky phone sex Olympics gets you silver. kinky phone sex

 
At 12/25/2006 05:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And why not?
hydrocodone side effects

 
At 2/18/2007 05:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Use this search engine for best result: BD search Find all you need in your area!
Enjoy

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home