Tuesday, April 26, 2005



He Is Sooo Beautiful


I love you Austin!
Originally uploaded by Mistress Tootie Belle.



I never want to make a drive like that again. I am in the world's biggest "Duh..." mode right now. But oh, it was worth it. It was so worth it. Because he is so beautiful and I cannot believe how much I love him.

I never knew it was possible to fall in love with someone you just met. And I have never seen my sister look like that. At one point when I was there yesterday, she was just looking at him and I could tell she just loved him so much. Austin, born at 10:49 A.M., April 24, 2005. I am 20 years and 10 days older than him. And even though Zach doesn't like me calling him this, he is my Jammy (for his initials). As soon as I heard it was a boy, that's what I knew he was to me. Although they are going to call him Austin, he's already been christened "Little Burrito Man," because he loves to be swaddled (and Melissa stinks at it. But she'll get it).

I think I took over 60 pictures of him yesterday. I miss him already. He is so calm and he falls asleep when he eats, which is often! I don't know how long this goofy mood will last, but I love it. And I love my Jammy. So much I can't say.

15 Comments:

At 4/26/2005 12:33:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

He's beautiful! I love those fat cheeks.

 
At 4/26/2005 12:58:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound. I'll have to wait 'til I'm home to see the pics. They block them here at work.

 
At 4/26/2005 02:39:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Congrats, Aunt Nettie! Your Jammy is beautiful indeed. :)

I'd love to stick around and ooh and aah at the pictures, but I have to go to my last class of the week (not sure whether to moan or cheer.) I'll come back and drool over them later!

 
At 4/26/2005 02:40:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

One more thing...there's something funny with your URL...or my browser....it seems you need a "www" now, because when I click on the title of your blog at the top of this comments page to return, it goes to the blogger dashboard...also in my links list it did the same thing, but when I added "www" it seems to work nicely...very strange indeed....

 
At 4/26/2005 02:43:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

I think that's a Blogger thing. It was doing it on and off to me the other day, I guess they haven't cleared it up. But at least you can see the beautiful pictures!

 
At 4/26/2005 03:48:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Hi, Sweetie Petitie Belle! He is adorable. I just thought I'd pop in and make a connection before you forget who I am!

 
At 4/26/2005 04:36:00 PM, Blogger Blair said...

I promise that little boys are so much fun! I am so happy for you! Congrats to you auntie and to your sister, her husband, your other sister, your parents... and most of all to one of the newest members of the world! Your Jammy!

 
At 4/26/2005 06:52:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Aww congratulations sweetie!!! Jammy is so cute! WE SHOULD SO INTRODUCE HIM TO BERNARD!!!

<3 ya

 
At 4/26/2005 07:51:00 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Contrats! It always amazes me how our family structures change. We lose loved ones and gain new ones. I did some reading of your archives recently and saw you recently lost your cousin to cancer, I'm so sorry. My family is unfortunately too accumstomed to loss, but we always exit the loss intact. Stay strong and love your nephew.

 
At 4/26/2005 09:04:00 PM, Blogger John said...

Congratulations Aunty Nettie, he is beautiful...

Mat 19:14 but Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."

GBYAY

 
At 4/26/2005 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Marc with a "c" said...

He's adorable, Nettie. He must come from good stock. Congratulations!

 
At 4/27/2005 12:37:00 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

He is SO adorable!!! Being an aunt is awesome! I remember when my youngest nephew was born... 5 years ago... doesn't seem that long ago! You're right, it is amazing how you can instantly fall in love with someone! Congrats!!!

 
At 4/27/2005 01:05:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

You're such a good Auntie...make sure to do lots of babysitting now, so your sister can return the favor when needed at a later date.

 
At 4/27/2005 01:07:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

JeffH,

I'm tempted to tell you that you should have known better than searching for certain types of Condi pics at work, but I won't...

 
At 4/28/2005 05:31:00 AM, Blogger Zach said...

I still remember my daughter's birth like it was yesterday. It is true, you fall in love the very minute you see them. And you love them completly. Have fun being an Aunt!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home