Wednesday, May 11, 2005



Why Are Your Feet Two Different Colors?

Apparently y'all enjoyed the chicken post. I didn't think it was that interesting myself, but all right. Whatever floats your collective boat...

I think my colleagues believe I am in something of a style rut. They got all excited when I wore a new pair of shoes to work. I was like, "I have worn the same pair of shoes for five months. I wanted a change!" Naturally, this would be the night I start out on register...but end up in the stockroom. But I still managed a change and climbed the shelves in my bare feet. I'm sure I will get used to them and stop tripping and almost falling flat on my face. But wait, I do that anyway, so what's the big deal?

"Your feet are two different colors." "Yes, they are." "Did you do that on purpose?" "Yes, I did." "Um, OK." New person, same conversation. Alisha: "Nettie got new shoes. Aren't they cute?" Harmony: "We already discussed that. Why are your feet two different colors?" I go, "Why not?" Harmony just stares, until Alisha chimes in: "Because that's Nettie!" Yes, somebody gets it! After all, the BBW dress code just says our feet have to be kept and toenails polished. It says nothing about conventionality...

13 Comments:

At 5/12/2005 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Blair said...

Since I had already seen the Flickr picture... I was already in the know... and franly thought I had missed this post or something... must be that damn heat were having here!

 
At 5/12/2005 01:06:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

Ahh, your nails are painted diffent colors. Had to check out the the pic to get it.

 
At 5/12/2005 01:46:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Nice toenail polishing job. Nice shoes.

Can we look forward to daily pictures of your self-cooked meals, too?

And, while you're at it, you could post a pic of your infamous "falling flats". For your curious fan...I mean, fans...

 
At 5/12/2005 01:46:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

And what's up with the bandaid?

 
At 5/12/2005 09:21:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Cute shoes! I can't wear shoes like that at MY store...have to be solid black, closed toe, closed heel. You get to wear cute strappy sandals. I'm jealous. :(

 
At 5/12/2005 01:02:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I think I meant "falling platforms". And I'm still wondering what's up with the bandaid. Hopefully not another trip to the ER.

 
At 5/12/2005 04:54:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

You needed to click on the picture again; I explained it there.

 
At 5/12/2005 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

You have lovely feet, I like the two different colors. ~(:D)

 
At 5/12/2005 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

OK, I'm a man...I look at the pictures, I don't read the captions.

Hope your footsies are better. Blisters suck.

 
At 5/13/2005 12:00:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Wait, is that the face of Runaway Bride Jennifer Wilbanks on your left big toenail?

You could make some money on eBay with that...

 
At 5/13/2005 12:15:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

Shouldn't you be doing something...constructive, Mister Man?

 
At 4/29/2006 01:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow�this blogging thing is really interesting. I am looking for information on holidays and how people celebrate using flags and found your post. It is almost like you spin the wheel and where it lands is what your read with Blogger.
Regardless�enjoyed your blog�american flag display case

 
At 5/08/2006 11:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julian Dicks is everywhere indian phone sex. It�s like they�ve got eleven Dicks on the field. indian phone sex

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home