Thursday, May 05, 2005



But Seriously, Folks...

How long did you think I could stay away? Tuesday night I made myself go to bed, after making twenty thousand trips down the steps of my dorm (but I made my friend David carry my computer) and then making twenty thousand more trips up the steps to my new apartment (which my new roommate Michelle helped me with). My cordless mouse decided it was going to be evil and not work anymore, so I then had to buy a new, regular one. But here I am again. And I don't know what to do with myself.

Actually, I managed to accomplish quite a bit in the last few days (decide for yourself what that says about me). I had my first night doing registers at work after they finally trained me. Christy had to keep telling me, "Don't look so scared!" But I didn't screw anything up, and I had Kathleen, Kiernan, and Christy to help me, so now I really can do anything. At BBW that is.

I also decided I need to learn how to cook. I had a conversation with my new roommate Danielle that went like this: "You're going to cook for breakfast?" "Yeah, I don't have anything else." "Well, you can have some of my Chocolate Lucky Charms." "No, I don't mind." As I head off to my room, her voice echoes incredulously after me: "Chocolate Lucky Charms???" Oh yeah.

I bought pasta today. I can't possibly screw up pasta, right? Just boiling water, I can do that. I think. If anyone has any suggestions for expanding my repetoire beyond brownie mix and Chef Boyardee, I'm all ears to anything that can't be screwed up or prove lethal.

15 Comments:

At 5/05/2005 06:47:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

YEY! NETTIE'S BACK!


my life now has a purpose

<3

 
At 5/05/2005 07:05:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Who are you again?

Hey, glad to have you back, glad you're in the new apartment, and...

Glad you're going to learn to cook!!! Tell me what kind of stuff you think you'd like, I'll send you recipe(s) that are close.

 
At 5/05/2005 07:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try chicken mole. My first success in the kitchen!

 
At 5/05/2005 08:33:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Jessica: Is it a mole, or is it chicken? I mean, I know it's chicken, but you call it mole.

Nick:

Jessica: What?!?!

Nick: {shakes head}

 
At 5/05/2005 08:59:00 PM, Blogger Momily said...

If you like Indian food (my favorite), I can give you an easy recipe for chicken curry. Or there's always my fall-backs: tuna noodle casserole, spaghetti, a chicken penne dish that's pretty simple, or stir-fry-anything with rice. I have a pretty mean lasagna recipe as well.

 
At 5/05/2005 09:13:00 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Cool beans, Nettie, cool beans. We'll just hope Stacey doesn't pop over.

 
At 5/05/2005 10:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nettie,
I don't like to cook. But there are TONS of recipe sites on-line. I like Cooks.com

Glad you're safely moved.

mrsd

 
At 5/05/2005 11:50:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

too late...here I am...and the only appropriate reference for "cool beans" is when using a recepie to describe making something with beans in it..."first cool beans in a pot of cold water" in that case appropriate...in this comment...NO THANK YOU STACY!!!

 
At 5/06/2005 01:00:00 PM, Blogger Jody said...

chocolate lucky charms? Are the charms chocolate or is it the cereal? Because I like the marshmellows, can't stand the dogfood cereal they put with it. But if it's chocolate...mmmmm

 
At 5/06/2005 02:38:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I'm not much for cooking, either. My poor husband. He's going to a "pampered chef" party without me tonight. :( We were GOING to go together, but I was scheduled to work...being that I just finished training YESTERDAY, I figured I wasn't in a position to ask for a Friday night off. anyhoo.

Congrats on the new apartment! Moving can be arduous, but also gives a sense of independance. Enjoy your summer. You and I can take cooking lessons together. It just doesn't come naturally to me. I don't understand people who can just create things out of nothing. Kind of like God. *grin*

 
At 5/07/2005 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You seem like a very nice young lady who will make a fine friend to all who's life you touch. I am glad I stopped by.
One of my favorites is chicken manicotti. If you go to the store and buy the shells, you will find the recipe for beef manicotti on the side. Just substitute chopped pieces of Chicken breast. It tastes better if you seer the meat in a skillet with margarine, let it cool and mix it in your batch. Get a high quality sauce to top it with and you will definitely put a smile on the faces of your fellow diners.
If you use a tomato sauce 'Ragu' or "Prego' , do not get the meat sauces. Go for the vegitable garden or mushroom. :)

 
At 5/07/2005 08:19:00 PM, Blogger Amigo said...

So how the cooking go? Don't keep us in suspense.

 
At 5/07/2005 09:33:00 PM, Blogger KEF said...

honey, what's chocolate charms?

 
At 5/07/2005 11:37:00 PM, Blogger The 405 Experience said...

HEEEEY Nettie!! I have to learn how to cook and stat. I messed up on break off cookies...i totally blame that one on the oven. I hope you ahve a great day

 
At 5/29/2006 06:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good judgment comes from latina phone sex experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. latina phone sex

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home