Thursday, August 25, 2005



I'll Meet You There

"I'm not unhappy, but I'd take the train today..." So begins the Point of Grace song, Day by Day; about how sometimes, the Rapture starts to 'look real good right about now'. It's not that I want to leave my life here on Earth. After all, I've had some fun here , and there's still a lot I want to see and do, a lot of living I still have left. And it's not that I'm a student of prophecy- I've done some reading. But I wouldn't even begin to try to pinpoint the day of Jesus's return, when He comes swiftly in the sky to take His followers away with Him. I don't know when it'll be; I don't think any of us does.

But haven't you ever stopped to imagine what it will be like? I know I'll see Kevin again, and my great-grandmother, and meet the ones I never knew, like my great-uncle Wavely. And it's appealing to think of getting away from everyday life's annoyances, away from the being late to work and falling on your face, away from losing things and people and quite possibly your mind. Awesome as that all sounds, isn't there more to heaven than that?

Remember the times where you've been at a weekend retreat, with a great speaker and lots of praise and worship and you're just so filled with God you could burst? Take that feeling, and try to imagine living for eternity with that feeling. What could be better than that? Certainly not lying on a cloud all day eating cream cheese with naked baby-faced angels. No, the heaven of the Bible, the heaven I believe in, promises that "the Lamb...will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." (Revelation 7:17). So it's more than just a break from our sorrows; God Himself will comfort us. Rocked in the arms of the Lord for the rest of time: heaven.



Will I meet you there?

14 Comments:

At 8/26/2005 10:10:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Many days, when I bother to stop and thing about it, I get real homesick for Heaven. Funny how we can yearn to go "home" to a place we've never been.

Rebekah's plight has really brought that to the forefront of my heart and mind lately.

 
At 8/26/2005 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

It is good to read that you will meet many of your deceased family in Heaven; it indicates that your family takes the Gospel seriously.

 
At 8/26/2005 01:29:00 PM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

It's funny that Amigo just mentioned that, because when I was reading about all the family you would see in Heaven, I thought that I need to pay more attention to how I can help more of my family get there. It makes me sad that so many of family members are resistant to Christ. They clearly do not want to hear anything from me. I just try to plant the seeds.

 
At 8/26/2005 08:46:00 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

It will be a glorious day when it happens. It will come in the Lords time and we will just have to wait. It will be nice to see my mom and dad again, as well as other family members and friends.

 
At 8/26/2005 11:21:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

heck yes you'll see me there... gosh darnit Nettie didnt we make a list of all the stuff we're gonna do in heaven? I forget most of it so if you remember... :)

*random thought* your verification word is oztsal and it makes me smile...

 
At 8/27/2005 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

YES!!! I will be there, too! Hey, that's a song...
Won't it be awesome?

 
At 8/27/2005 01:18:00 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

I will probably get there first, and am sure it will be so great. somedays I wish I was there now.

 
At 8/27/2005 02:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's crazy, stressful days like this when I am blessed to have read your words.

Alice

 
At 8/27/2005 09:08:00 AM, Blogger Joe said...

When I sign off my show each day, I close with the words, "Have a beautiful day today. Make it a christ-filled day. I'll see you here tomorrow. But if I don't see you here, I'll see you OVER THERE!"

Think of it. Us bloggers will finally get to meet one another (if we know Him, that is).

 
At 8/27/2005 03:20:00 PM, Blogger Natalia said...

I've been told I am going to hell many times. But if you just don't really believe in heaven or hell but in reincarnation or other things, I really do hope one gets to see everyone anyway :)

-N

 
At 8/28/2005 12:25:00 AM, Blogger mrsd said...

Yes ma'am. :)

 
At 8/28/2005 12:25:00 AM, Blogger mrsd said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/28/2005 12:25:00 AM, Blogger mrsd said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/29/2005 08:15:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

Sorry for the triple posts. Blogger was slow, and I didn't think it was going through.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home