Saturday, December 17, 2005



Today I

Burned I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas on a CD "to play with and enjoy". Yes, I am easily amused.

Said a few choice words when the tow truck decided he was bigger than me, so he could push me around. That's not why God invented turn lanes.

Perhaps I should quit yelling, "You have the right of way, Grandma!" before it comes back to bite me.

Stopped at the pet store's adopt-a-thon and played with a very hairy puppy.

Got gas just before the price went up. Nice timing on the whining, Harvey.

Finished my Christmas shopping. Yes, finished. Opted not to count how many stores I went to since I decided to be creative and not buy everything from work.

Even managed to listen to myself at - "No Nettie, you do NOT need that first season collection of Law and Order: SVU even though it's used and only 25 bucks."

Counted my blessings that I work in a small retail store where they can't humiliate me over the intercom.

Am thankful for my job today, period. I have met some of the freaking best, most caring people there.

Decided not to take happy days for granted. After all, I can create them.

13 Comments:

At 12/17/2005 03:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finished! Christmas shopping, yay!

I'm doing a couple more rounds. Plus, I'm painting, recarpeting, new tile...I'm nuts!

Alice

 
At 12/17/2005 05:29:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

"Counted my blessings that I work in a small retail store where they can't humiliate me over the intercom."

I might invest in a good intercom system for BBW next year...

 
At 12/17/2005 11:46:00 PM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

You should have bought the DVDs. You know you want them.

 
At 12/18/2005 02:02:00 AM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

Yeah, a workplace sans the embarassing intercom-thingy is a good thing.

 
At 12/18/2005 03:30:00 AM, Blogger D said...

I havent even started on my Xmas shopping... :(

 
At 12/18/2005 08:59:00 AM, Blogger Pusher said...

Harvey is a good car.

 
At 12/18/2005 02:38:00 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

I wish I had your willpower. I can't walk past a DVD box set that I want without buying it.

 
At 12/18/2005 05:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd kill for your optimism, Nettie.

 
At 12/19/2005 01:30:00 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Miss Nettie Belle, You are very blessed, always remember that. Merry Christmas!

 
At 12/19/2005 02:58:00 PM, Blogger Janette said...

Just shoot me Nettie...I still haven't started Christmas shopping. It's so wrong that as a woman I hate, hate, hate shopping. It's hard for me to create a happy day when I know I have to go shopping.

Merry Christmas Tootie Belle!

 
At 12/19/2005 03:08:00 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Your last line reminded me why I'd make such a poor geologist. I'm always taking things for granite.

 
At 1/01/2006 12:17:00 AM, Blogger Alnot said...

I used to install those intercom along with telephone systems and other thangs an engineering tech can do. They are affordable enough even for small stores. Count yer blessings. Yore hillbilly from West Virginia but now certified desert rat in Arizona. Yer Mad Friend, Al

 
At 6/28/2006 07:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal phone sex chat experience
since I once mounted her mother. phone sex chat

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home