Tuesday, May 17, 2005



The Cranky Post

Since you asked- Yes, I DO get cranky. Among other things...

*I hate insurance companies. One month they fill my prescription with no problem, I go back to renew and I'm told I need "Prior Authorization". Make up your minds already. Because I hate playing insurance company phone tag.

*Idiotic customers. For example, I had a woman trying to find a pear scent. "Pearberry?" "No, it was green." So I call my manager over to see if she can figure it out, so the customer can look for it at the sale. And Jen goes, "It was probably Pearberry." And the customer goes, all cheerful, "OK!" I'm standing there going, "But, you told ME it wasn't Pearberry." And, "Thanks a lot, lady, for making me look like a fool in front of my boss. Great."

*When DVD's don't come with subtitles. When I get the season sets of Dr. Quinn, I want subtitles so I can flip them on and know what everybody's saying!

*When someone forgets to turn off the shower thing. So when I turn on the water to get hot and expect it to come out the faucet, I instead get sprayed by a showerful of COLD water.

*The new season of Strong Medicine. The whole premise of the show, and indeed, Lifetime itself, is that it's for women, about women's health. So why are they bringing in a man to replace Patricia Richardson in one of the lead roles? In my opinion, it's a betrayal of Strong Medicine's spirit.

*People who leave their turn signals on for miles going down the interstate. What, are you turning left into the concrete barrier? No? Then turn your freaking signal off!

*When I bring home a nice new expensive body wash from work...and it makes me break out. Something that smells so good, and it makes me miserable. That's just not cool.

*Those times when I'm just barely on time for work and I have to choose between getting gas or getting dinner. Needless to say, I got no dinner.

*Along those lines, getting hollered at when I go inside to pay for the gas. There should be a law against creepy old guys who hang around outside gas stations. That really made me cranky.

*You know, sometimes I don't feel like cooking. So I'll go to make a nice Croissant Pocket, zap it for two minutes like the directions say. Only when I go to eat it, the middle is still frozen. So either I zap it some more and end up with the sauce everywhere and my lunch hot enough to burn, or eat a half-frozen Croissant Pocket.

*When I go to turn on the Golden Girls and they aren't there. I really don't care about some princess reality show. I want my Golden Girls. And I want my Law and Order: SVU too. Why is that so difficult?

*Why do two cans of blueberries have to be so difficult to open? I just wanted blueberry muffins, folks. I didn't want to chase blueberry juice all over the kitchen floor.

* TV commercials for diet stuff on TV. Where do they get those creepy women to hawk their products? And more importantly, why do people buy them?

*OK, there y'all are . Thirteen things that Make Nettie Cranky. Took me two days. I'll probably get lots of comments from the peanut gallery on this, but hey, you wanted to know...

13 Comments:

At 5/17/2005 04:39:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Complaining & Ranting... <3


ooh... too bad with the blueberry thing... thats why you make chocolate ones, dear.

*winks*

 
At 5/17/2005 04:58:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

When are we going to work on our postive post together? Like my kids say "huggies" to you!

 
At 5/17/2005 08:10:00 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I wouldn't worry about looking foolish in front of your boss; she is most likely very aware of what idiots customers can be. I could never see myself working retail, I would be fired the first day for yelling at a customer.

 
At 5/17/2005 08:39:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I like peanuts. I have no gallery. And you're no crankier than anybody else I know...

 
At 5/17/2005 10:08:00 PM, Blogger KEF said...

silly customers, hate them all.. they sould d**

 
At 5/18/2005 03:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about buying an expensive product (face cream was my last) and then being allergic to it and "breaking out" as you so quaintly put it!

What a waste!

 
At 5/18/2005 01:27:00 PM, Blogger Anti-Blogger said...

I stopped hanging around gas stations a long time ago.

 
At 5/20/2005 12:56:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Ranting can be good for the soul. :)

I haven't seen the Dr. Quinn's on DVD...is the sound quality that poor that you need subtitles? Or did you buy the ones dubbed in Spanish? (do those even exist??)

 
At 9/24/2006 08:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://ejdenevs.com/dalv/iewx.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://jiuvzibn.com/wumu/omru.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 9/24/2006 08:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 9/24/2006 08:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://ejdenevs.com/dalv/iewx.html | http://dnomsbnk.com/zlkx/okcp.html

 
At 11/22/2012 08:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bike riding Jerseys Increase PerformanceCycling has taken off in popularity and fortunately[url=http://www.officialnikebroncosjerseyshop.com/broncos+peyton+manning+authentic+jersey-c-9_17.html]Peyton Manning Jersey Youth[/url]
the importance of appropriate cycling gear has become appreciatedIt is easy to overlook the precarious working conditions that surround this challenging career
ï»?2-cycle engines are typically associated with all the likes of Vespas (European motor scooters) and mopeds In fact[url=http://www.officialnikebroncosjerseyshop.com/broncos+peyton+manning+authentic+jersey-c-9_17.html]Red Peyton Manning Jersey[/url]
it is so in demand that almost all people have one of these high technology gadgets

 
At 12/09/2012 01:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hillbilly Toothpick is most likely the term used for penis sizegenetics that have been removed and utilized for toothpicks or decoration (mainly on baseball and cowboy hats). Typically they really are the penis sizegenetics from raccoons. They aren't used much for toothpicks any longer, but this form of penis sizegenetics utilization can still be seen adorning people's hats.Sound crazy? Well, I guess that rrs determined by your point of view. What exactly are penis sizegenetics? That's a better question: Penis sizegenetics are the sizegenetics that are found in the majority mammals help them create an sizegenetics.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home