I Do Read Outside of School, Ya Know
1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be? I think I get to choose several? Oh well, I will anyway. I was a good memorizer as a kid, haven't tried it recently.
*The Bible, King James Version. Specifically, the four Gospels, Psalms, and Revelations.
*I don't remember what it was called, but this giant book of fairy tales I had.The real ones, not the Disneyfied versions. Seriously, it was as big as one of the middle Harry Potters.
*Speaking of which, I have them half-memorized already, so the Harry Potter series. Everybody needs a little magic.
*Animal Farm. There is so much there beneath the surface. Classic.
2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Uhhh....next question...
All right, maybe Luke Skywalker...
3. The last book you bought was...? You mean actually bought and not stolen...erm...borrowed from someone? The Rising. I love Left Behind enough to purchase the whole set. And can I do one I'm going to buy? Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I'm one of those people who goes to midnight parties and stands in line happily for an hour, then goes home and devours the whole thing by morning....Yeah, I'm a geek.
4. The last book you read was...? I just finished Susan Cooper's The Dark Is Rising series. Excellent stuff. Before that it was, unfortunately, pretty much textbooks, which apparently don't count...
5. What are you currently reading? *James Herriot's Every Living Thing.
*The Edge on the Sword, which is an account of a 9th century warrior princess.
*And a thriller, Cold Hit, which reminds me of SVU.
6. Five books you would take to a desert island...
*The Merck Manual. It would probably come in handy and it's fascinating.
*My great-grandmother's King James Bible. It's one of the few things I have of hers and I've always loved the language of the KJV.
*The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Tolkien is genius.
*To Kill a Mockingbird. Another book I've pretty much worn to bits.
*And Ella Enchanted. Best version of the Cinderellla story ever- I HATED the Disney version- although the movie doesn't compare.
7. Who are you passing this stick on to and why? Well, Blair sent it to me. I shall pass it to Becca and Jen. No pressure though ladies!