Sunday, May 15, 2005



What Makes A Geek?

*Dropping ice cream on the keyboard and licking it off?

*Waiting in line for hours until midnight just so I can be one of the first to see the new Harry Potter? After attending a party with other like-minded peoples?

*Blogging endlessly about my job and people who don't read me to people who will never meet those I write about?

*Putting up curtains cause I don't like the sun to wake me up?

*Buying a package of chicken to cook on the George Foreman and eating it all in two days?

*Having incoherent convesations early in the morning- why do I answer my phone at 7:15 A.M. anyway?

*Taking pictures of utterly random stuff cause I think it's funny?

*Looking forward to summer vacation for months- and then wondering what to do with myself cause I get bored within the first week?

*Running three IE windows, two Word files, and Windows Media Player all at once as I flit back and forth among programs?

*Blogging at 2 A.M. with posts that may be forever relegated to the draft pile cause I decide in the light of day that I don't like them?

*Until the day two days later when I ponder writing a really cranky post and decide against subjecting my adoring public to that in favor of a "geek list"?

*Oh, well. Guess I'm doomed...

7 Comments:

At 5/15/2005 10:32:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

The first one! :)

Does Nettie get cranky? Write the post!

 
At 5/16/2005 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I second MrsD! Write the cranky post! We won't mind. :)

 
At 5/16/2005 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Amigo said...

At least you have the sense to scrap stuff upon review the next day. I often don't.

Now after having said that, post the cranky one.

 
At 5/16/2005 12:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure we will all love what ever you decide to post!

 
At 5/16/2005 05:41:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Eh... its all good... :)

yey for being bored on the first week of summer vaca...


and youre my favorite g33k...

<3

 
At 5/16/2005 07:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not a geek. You're just hip-fully challenged.

Besides, geeks write the best blogs.

 
At 5/17/2005 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Nettie gets cranky. Trust me.

I know that I adore you, but is there really an adoring public out there reading your stuff?

And yes, you most certainly are a geek. Geeks rule!!!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home