Thursday, September 01, 2005



I Like My Random Thoughts

So the rest of you can just deal with them, eh?

*I made an amazing journey today after physical therapy. And I'm not allowed to go back to the used CD store anymore. But it's just so...cheap! 6 CD's and a DVD for 30 bucks- about what I paid yesterday for gas. And hopefully I will enjoy it more. But I did manage to resist the Ricky Martin.

*There's a sign at the Food Lion that states pets aren't allowed but service animals are welcome. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but if you're using a Seeing Eye Dog, how are you supposed to find out that they're welcome? Can the dog read?

*Joy Williams is awesome. And no, she wasn't included in the six CD's, that was yesterday's Target trip along with the Beatles Yellow Submarine T-shirt. I need to cheer up soon or else I'll go broke. Although Genesis made for some good listening when I was playing find-the-gas-in-the-gas-station.

*Since there's only one, I usually listen to a certain local CCM station in the car. But the lack of diversity annoys me. They're pretty heavy on Michael W. Smith, Point of Grace, MercyMe- all of whom I love. But never Amy Grant- maybe they think she went too far astray from Christian music. Of all the songs dc Talk has, there's only one or two they play; same with Audio Adrenaline and Switchfoot. I love most of the music, but come on, there's more out there than the white fluff. Even if it doesn't meet the so-many-Jesus-mentions-per-minute quota.

*How I got started volunteering for political candidates: "I got George W. Bush tickets. You got me hooked on this for life. I think you won."

17 Comments:

At 9/01/2005 05:29:00 PM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

You know I LOVE randomness. I'm all about it. :-)

I've seen a sign at a Taco Bell that says (not in brail, but in plain type): Brail menus available. Like a single blind diner will see that?

 
At 9/01/2005 05:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy, John from Michigan Blog here. I came to your website via Poop D' Culture, Kevin is funny...

I like your positive outlook and thoughts on the stuff of life. I could use some positivity now and then... :) Take care!

 
At 9/01/2005 08:15:00 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What I get a kick out of is the fact they use brail on the keypads of the ATM drive through...lol. I mean I think I have it figured out why...but the fact that it is there is funny. Hey...maybe the seeing eye dog is driving though?

 
At 9/01/2005 09:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why aren't you allowed back at the cd store, did you do something to get yourself kicked out of it?

 
At 9/01/2005 09:51:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Silly girl, seeing eye dogs can read Braille!!!

 
At 9/01/2005 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

When I was a girl, Amy Grant was all that. She was so big in Christian music that's all we pretty much listened too. I also liked the Imperials and Keith Green though. Keith was so great.

 
At 9/02/2005 12:21:00 AM, Blogger John said...

Great post Nettie. when I was growing up, the only clock in the main street was above the Blind Institute, I always wondered why!

GBYAY

 
At 9/02/2005 03:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL @ the seeing eye dog. That's like raise your hand if you're not here.

I love Amy Grant!

I'm heading to a foreign hot spot in a few days and have my CD's ready to go. Gotta have the tunes while I scare away the enemy hordes.

Alice

 
At 9/02/2005 08:40:00 AM, Blogger M3 said...

Ha!!! Love the random thoughts. But I need to know why you're banned from the CD store. Is this a self-imposed ban or was there some, um, incident? ;-)

 
At 9/02/2005 09:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still love Amy Grant! She has a new show coming on tv called "Three Wishes". I can't wait to see this show. Have a blessed weekend.

 
At 9/02/2005 09:58:00 AM, Blogger Natalia said...

Damn...now you got me thinking about all of that stuff... I am so easily distracted...oh look at the kitty... erm where was I?

-N

 
At 9/02/2005 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Joe said...

We play Amy Grant.

I have never been comfortable with our attitudes toward "crossover" artists.

If a clerk in a secular store can be a Christian, why can't a secular singer be a Christian, too?

It used to work for Tennessee Earnie Ford.

Hmmm.

BTW kingdom.fm

 
At 9/02/2005 12:06:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/02/2005 12:10:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Nah, I didn't cause any riots. Just wandered around the store for an hour and ended up with way too much stuff.

 
At 9/02/2005 01:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Random thoughts make the world go round!!!

 
At 9/02/2005 02:21:00 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

I always love your random thoughts... probably b/c I'm pretty random myself, lol!
Amy Grant was the first concert I ever went to... wow... that was a LONG time ago!
What I think is rather humorous is the braille on the drive-up ATM machine at my bank... do they really think a blind person would find the drive-up ATM useful? Hmmmm....

 
At 7/21/2006 09:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Blogger, a real useful blog.Keep with the good work.
If you have a moment, please visit my bay area professional carpet cleaners site.
I send you warm regards and wishes of continued success.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home