Wednesday, September 28, 2005



Politick

"Oh, it's nice to see you again!" Frantically racks brain. DeMint? Wilson? Victory 2004? South Carolina Republicans? Oh forget it I worked way too many campaigns last year..."Uh-huh, yeah!" Sorry, Sandra. I have no idea who you are beyond a current Campbell supporter.

Lindsay, though, I probably stood on the opposite lines of pickets several times. "When I was working for Beasley..." Of course now that DeMint is elected we're all friends again and all that. No, really, I mean it. Cause if we weren't I couldn't work with half the people I do. Just like it'll be when Mike Campbell wins and all the cocky Andre people come over to us.

I make it sound like it's this big bloodbath, Republicans versus Republicans preparing for the even bigger bloodbath of party versus party. But you've gotta have levity in there somewhere, usually at other peoples' expenses. After all, making the same blah-blah-blah invite phone call gets boring. Until you get the really enthusiastic, bored-woman-in-bed-with-vertigo, "Running against Andre Bauer??" "Yes, ma'am, and if you'll hang on a sec I'll get someone to tell you more about you can help." So I then make J.K. deal with "Crazy Woman" and laugh at him as I check my blogs.

I probably laugh too much, though, and definitely talk too fast. I know what I'm saying, as it's the same thing over and over, so I expect everyone else to know it too. Blah-blah- oh-ho, a live person, yes thank you Mr. Bullwinkel- blah blah blah... "Why are you laughing? I'm the one who had to call Pooser." "Maybe the machine didn't record that." "Don't call that one back, we'll redo it in the morning..."

8 Comments:

At 9/29/2005 12:24:00 AM, Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

You go girl! I'm one of those awful people who only vote when feeling a great force pushing me to the polls. I actually did vote in this past presidential election because I got soooo mad at people badmouthing Bush. It was my first presidential election vote and I'm *cough*38*cough* years old! I know, I know...don't say the blah, blah, blah...guilt, shame...I might vote in the next one. <:0

 
At 9/29/2005 07:45:00 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Go girl! someone needs to work in politics, and it may as well be a strong gal with a great sense of humor like yourself.

I guess I take things too seriously and it would drive me absolutely NUTS to do what you do.

So rock on, my sista! You crack me up with your stories!

 
At 9/29/2005 08:34:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

You got to call Bullwinkle?

I'm jealous...

 
At 9/29/2005 09:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just don't have that passion for politics.

 
At 9/29/2005 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I think a good blend of political awareness and just the right socks, makes a strong woman.

 
At 9/29/2005 03:12:00 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

I love politics as long as I am on the winning side. I think darlene may be on to something, but I hardly ever check out the socks... Thanks for the tip.
So you CALL people all day? Ugggh and I though you were nice!!!

 
At 9/29/2005 03:41:00 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I'm with Jayleigh. I would be even MORE nuts if I actually WORKED in politics.

I never talked with Bullwinkle, but I did go to a $100.00 per place dinner for governor Blunderbuss back in the 70s (at someone else's expense of course).

 
At 9/29/2005 09:25:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Yep, I think I'm the only lesbian on this planet who voted for Bush. I'm also a right winger...total walking contradiction, huh? Makes for a good conversational piece at my gay dinner parties. I get kicked out of my own house.

Love to talk politics & religion! So much fun!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home