Friday, September 30, 2005



These Dreams

I want to live by the sea, to wake up to the scent of sea water that permeates the air. I want to sit on the beach and watch the sun go down, the stars shining on an endless expanse of night and gently rolling water. To feel the sand between my toes as I walk, hearing only the waves as they crash on the shore and know that until the hurricane hits, this peace will remain.

And I want to see history. I want to walk through the streets of Europe, surrounded by people yet alone with my thoughts, knowing that this soil was trod by countless others for centuries before me. Know that many mistakes were made here, yes, and maybe still are. But I have known some of Europe's people, and I want to soak it all in, soak in the places and events that happened not so many years ago. And maybe discover that despite of and because of its culture, we will always have so much to learn.

And maybe most of all- I want my words to be heard. If we let them, words can heal, words can make a difference. I want what I say to reach out to those who are hurting, who have lost their way, for them to know they aren't the only ones there. Ambitious, I know, but I believe I'll make it. Cause we can all do so much more with our own words if we only know we aren't alone.

12 Comments:

At 9/30/2005 01:40:00 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Words are definately powerful. They can make or break a person; they can heal or shatter; they can lift up or tear down. I know that you would/will use your words for all positive and good!

 
At 9/30/2005 02:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to go with you

 
At 9/30/2005 05:38:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

One of my favorite quotes by William Jenks:

Words can be deeds and there are miracles of healing perceptible only to the heart

 
At 9/30/2005 06:59:00 PM, Blogger M said...

what a great post! keep wishing on those dreams - without dreams to reach for, we simply stand still and let life pass us by

 
At 9/30/2005 07:47:00 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Your dreams are on their way to becoming reality. They may take awhile to achieve, but I know you are the kind of person who won't ever give them up. Your words ARE being heard right now, by a pretty faithful following, and you are not alone. Have a wonderful weekend and God bless.

 
At 9/30/2005 08:13:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Great dreams, and so well written.

 
At 9/30/2005 10:29:00 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Now, you see, there you go.

I used my blog to really vent today, and you go bloggin' about how words can heal.

Hurumph!

 
At 9/30/2005 11:27:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Beautiful vision, Nettie.

 
At 10/01/2005 09:05:00 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Doesn't have to be a 'dream'...You can make that a reality.

Every year, we vacation in the Hamptons right on the beach. Our beach house is secluded and the waves are practically right at the doorstep. It's nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there--due to hurricanes. Sleeping while listening to waves has to be the most calming thing in the world.

I loved what you said regarding 'being heard'. You are. Why do you think so many people visit your site? They want to hear your thoughts and what you have to say. Words can be very powerful, you can tear down, or build up--- with just a few words, you can break someone's spirit, as well as lift someone's spirit.

I think this was an incredible post. You shouldn't classify this as a 'dream' though-----it should be reality for you. You're already there, aren't you? S.Carolina = beaches .... blog = being heard!

:)

 
At 10/01/2005 01:07:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

I agree with Deb. :)

 
At 10/01/2005 04:35:00 PM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

wonderfully well written. I hope all your dreams come true

 
At 10/01/2005 08:35:00 PM, Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

'Lord, give me the dreams that allow me to fly. And the faith to pursue them, no matter how high.' I have that saying on my wall. You'll make it there. I've been to Europe twice. It is wonderful...keep dreaming, it'll happen!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home