Saturday, September 11, 2004



Aunt Nettie

This is something I am really excited about. My sister Melissa, who is ten years older than me, is eight weeks pregnant with her first child! I'm the youngest in the family, and I have always wanted a little niece or nephew. Right now she is due on the 24th of April, but that may change. My other sister Janna and I were hassling her, because my birthday is the 14th, and I told her she wasn't allowed to have the kid on my birthday. Janna is graduating on the 5th or 6th of May, and she told her she wasn't allowed to have the kid then either. So hopefully the timing will be right! But I am so happy that I get to be an aunt!
As for the rest of my life, it's going ok I guess. I've got a new volunteer opportunity that I'm really excited about. There's a free clinic here in town, for people who can't afford regular care, as an alternative to the emergency room. And since I'm an EMT, instead of just doing clerical stuff I actually get to interact with the patients. I'll mostly just be taking blood pressures and weight and stuff, but I'll also get to do some laboratory work. They showed me how to do a urinalysis on Thursday, which some people might find gross, but I thought was really fascinating, so I hope that will be fun. And that I don't screw anything up.
Now on to the most difficult part. The one time I actually talked to Kate this week, she insisted she really wanted to be friends, but I feel like she has already made her choice. I can't go into all the details, but the night before she left, she did something that really betrayed my trust. And before I had the chance to talk to her about it, she was just gone. It's been a long time since anyone has hurt me this badly. I was putting a lot on her, with my trips to the ER and all (but I've gone a week without one, yay!), but I told her to tell me if it got to be too much. But she didn't, she just moved everything out and didn't say a word to me. She took the easy way out. I miss her a lot, but she cut me really deep. I just don't think I can ever trust her again, and what kind of friendship can you have without trust? I wish it didn't have to be this way, but I really feel that this is the right decision, no matter what anybody else thinks, and even though it hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home